SEEING: THE PROBLEM
RUTH WILSON GILMORE
Guest Lecture: Date and time: 23 October, 15.00–17.00
Location: Ihresalen (Uppsala University, Engelska parken/English Park Campus)
Ruth Wilson Gilmore is Professor of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Director for Center for Place, Culture, and Politics, Graduate Center at City University of New York.
The lecture is organized by Critical Border Studies Initiative. More information here.
Read more about our research projects
Meet our researchers
Researchers at CEMFOR
The Vulnerability and Safety of Mosques and Muslim Congregations in Sweden 2018
- CEMFOR before the election
- New survey: The Vulnerability and Safety of Mosques and Muslim Congregations in Sweden 2018
- New edition of Unveiling the French Republic by Per-Erik Nilsson
- Video recordings from our seminars at Almedalen
- "An assault on Swedish democracy: Threats and violence targeting Muslim congregations is an issue of human rights and democracy", writes Mattias Gardell in Aftonbladet
“Environmental Deregulation, Spectacular Racism, and White Nationalism in the Trump Era”. Laura Pulido
Seeing: The problem
"Seeing Like a Smuggler" A Symposium by Critical Border Studies
"Imagining the ´Other`: Perspectives on racist stereotypes of Indigenous peoples and POC in Sweden"
Guest Lecture: Salman Sayyid "Islamophobia and Authoritarian Populism"